Guidant has been working in partnership with Bristol City Council (BCC) since March 2016 to support the council’s temporary staffing requirements. To deliver the solution, we placed a dedicated account onsite team permanently at the council’s City Hall office. The team’s high-touch, personalised service quickly embedded them with the council’s HR function and our successful partnership has led us to win the 'Most Effective Partnership' category award at the Public Services People Managers Association (PPMA) Awards.
Challenges to be met
BCC, like many local authorities is tackling the challenge of cutting costs; reducing spend on temporary resourcing was the key priority. This challenge must be met without sacrificing the quality of talent acquisition and whilst maintaining efficiency in filling vacancies.
The journey so far
Working together, we have achieved:
- A reduction in temporary labour spend by £5.5 million over 18 months
- A now 100% compliant temporary workforce
- Significant improvements to the candidate experience through education of hiring managers
- A cheaper, simpler and quicker acquisition of the right temporary workers through supplier consolidation and educating on the importance of following processes
- The delivery of ‘We are you’ principle, by making a real difference to the working lives of people within the Council and within the wider Bristol community
Over the course of our partnership we have worked collaboratively on a wider range of initiatives, demonstrating commitment to our principle ‘We are you’. These include hiring manager engagement, management information (MI) and monthly dashboards, and supporting various areas of diversity and inclusion.
Read the full customer success story
To find out more about these initiatives and the full story of our partnership download the full customer success story here.
Your true partnership starts here
If you are inspired by our work with Bristol City Council and are looking for a trusted MSP/RPO provider please contact us using the form below.